Friday, January 7, 2011

Shelf-Worthy: Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Published date: 10th June 2010
Pages: 336, Hardcover
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Another new thread for by blog which is Shelf-Worthy. There are usually books that I'm DYING to get my hands on. This time it's Sea by Heidi R. Kling, it's related to my beloved country, Indonesia! I found the super awesome book trailer, so that's there. And here's the synopsis:

Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother’s disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna Jones reluctantly travels with her psychiatrist father’s volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia where she meets the scarred and soulful orphaned boy, Deni, who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.

She knows they can’t be together, so why can’t she stay away from him? And what about her old best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home? And why won’t her dad tell her the truth about her mother’s plane crash? The farther she gets from home, the closer she comes to finding answers. And Sea’s real adventure begins.


aWhen I read the synopsis I was immediately drawn to it. I'm so interested to how my country is viewed through someone else's eyes. And the sound of this book just makes me want to sit by the pool, or go to Bali and sit in a restaurant/cafe and read it! The event of the tsunami had a huge impact on me and other countries affected and I'm excited to see how Heidi will portray that in the book. I just love the idea of being in an unfamiliar place and learning more about yourself by experiencing the different culture, the people you meet and get new perspective on things. I'm also looking forward to see the romance between Sea and Deni and how that develops.

I think I'll have to order this book from the nearest bookstore because I'm craving for it! Haha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...