Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shelf-A-Yearning (2)

Hello all! I apologize for the lack of updates due to my school schedule, which is being utterly demanding. But, today is your lucky day. Here are some awesome books.


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Marry Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I've always been interested in these books with people writing letters to each other.


The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
A bit of historical fiction here, and I believe there's a movie for it?

Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen
You can't go wrong with Sarah Dessen ;) Her books are always pleasant to read, along with some great lessons.


Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
Music.


The Passage by Justin Cronin
A little bit of Dystopia and adventure. Talk about escaping.


Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Time traveling and historical adventure. Sounds very exciting to me!


Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zego Rosenthal
New York, love, friendship, self-discovery. It's like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a rainy day. I've heard a lot of good things about this too. I'm thinking my lovely friend Zsazsa will love this. Let's hope this comes out here in Indo!


The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
I just..I just want this.


A World Away by Pauline Francis


Greetings From Somewhere Else by Monica McInerney
Don't know anything about this author but it seems like a really good story!


At Home With the Templetons by Monica McInerney


Raven Queen by Pauline Francis


Love Letters of Great Men
From Napoleon, Mozart to John Keats.


Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe



The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern


Life of Pi by Yann Martel
A story one must read sometime in their life.


Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
One heck of an inspirational story. It will leave you haunted, in a good way of course ;)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...